Terms of Service
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") derives from the SPICEEDIT Principles, and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with SPICEEDIT. By using or accessing SPICEEDIT, you agree to this Statement.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on SPICEEDIT, and you can control how we share your content through your privacy and application settings. In order for us to use certain types of content and provide you with SPICEEDIT, you agree to the following:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with SPICEEDIT ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account (except to the extent your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it).
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about SPICEEDIT, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep SPICEEDIT safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help in order to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications to users (such as spam).
- You will not collect users' information, or otherwise access SPICEEDIT, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third party application containing, or advertise or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use SPICEEDIT to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- Registration and Account Security
SPICEEDIT users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on SPICEEDIT, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not use SPICEEDIT if you are under 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on SPICEEDIT that infringes someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content you post on SPICEEDIT if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- We will provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights.
- If we removed your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, contact us.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including SPICEEDIT, the SPICEEDIT and Logos) without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on SPICEEDIT.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Share Links
If you include our Share Link button on your website, the following additional terms apply to you:
- We give you permission to use SPICEEDIT's Share Link button so that users can post links or content from your website on SPICEEDIT.
- You give us permission to use such links and content on SPICEEDIT.
- You will not place a Share Link button on any page containing content that would violate this Statement if posted on SPICEEDIT.
- About Advertisements on SPICEEDIT
Our goal is to deliver ads that are not only valuable to advertisers, but also valuable to you. In order to do that, you agree to the following:
- You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial or sponsored content. You give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content, subject to the limits you place.
- We do not give your content to advertisers.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- We can change this Statement so long as we provide you notice through SPICEEDIT (unless you opt-out of such notice) and an opportunity to comment.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of SPICEEDIT to you. We will generally try to notify you, but have no obligation to do so. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or SPICEEDIT personally with us.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions or your content on SPICEEDIT, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- WE TRY TO KEEP SPICEEDIT UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING SPICEEDIT "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT SPICEEDIT WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. SPICEEDIT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR CONTENT OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR SPICEEDIT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR SPICEEDIT WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US, IF ANY, IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS.
- By "SPICEEDIT" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.SPICEEDIT.com and any other SPICEEDIT branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; and (c) other media, devices or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "us," "we" and "our" we mean SPICEEDIT, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
- By "Platform" we mean our services.
- By "content" we mean the content and information you post on SPICEEDIT, including information about you and the actions you take.
- By "post" we mean post on SPICEEDIT or otherwise make available to us.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding SPICEEDIT, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.